Know how to close union bank account. Can we close / Deactivate union bank of india account online at www.unionbankofindia.co.in.
Today we are going to see how can we close the UBI bank account. As we all know that on 1st April 2019 the government has merged the Andhra bank, Corporation Bank with the Union bank. Union Bank is the Indian government-owned bank under the ownership of the Ministry of Finance. The bank headquarters is located in Mumbai.
Close union bank account
In India, there are so many peoples opening a new account each and every day. At the same time, people are closing accounts for different reasons. When your closing the bank account try to close the account in the Offline process only. Even the offline process is also simple.
Before closing your UB account. Make sure, there is no negative balance in your account. In the same way, check no pending cheque, and automatic payments. So, clear all the pending overdraft amounts and other formalities properly. Because this will affect your CIBIL score in the future.
Customers have different reasons to close the accounts because they may not be using the account frequently, or relocating to different states or regions. So, customers can close the account that is the option bank has given to the customers.
Closing UBI Bank account
- Firstly, visit the back branch.
- You can ask the banker for the Closure form.
- Fill the form carefully with all the details mention there.
- And you can fill the option there” How to recive the balance amount which is remaining in your account?”
- The methods that are avaiable cash,Cheque,DD, and balance transfer to the other bank account.
- After completing the form filling, submit the form to the bank with the documents like your address proof and signature without that the closure form with not vaild.
Required Documents for closing UBI Bank Account
- Collecting and filling the closure form.
- Returning the passbook, chequr book, credit card, debit card,
- Even we have to submit the address proof and ID proof along with all the documents.
UBI Account Closure Form Download
Customers can download the union bank of India account closure form. By just clicking the below button. The sample preview of UBI account closure form is shown in the about image.
How to Close Union Bank Account Online
Unfortunately, It is bad news for the customers. Who is trying to close a UBI bank account online Union bank doesn’t have the option to close the account in the Online process.
I hope you have clearly understood how to close the Union bank account. Hope to close your account in a positive account. If you closing the account too early then the bank will charge you the closure charges.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is there any charge for closing a bank account?
If you close the account within 14 days of opening the account then the bank with charge the closure charges.
- Can a bank account be closed due to inactivity?
Banks may close accounts due to any reason such as low usage and inactivity.
- How do I know if my bank account is active or not?
You can check if the bank account is active or not by online banking or visiting your representative bank.
- How many days it will take to close the bank account?
It will take approximately a week to close the bank account.